Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Hand Roll Sushi Party....Revealing truly who we are...food monsters

It is like a domino effect. It just keep going and going... 


I am becoming happier, healthier and funnier once I  become more aware of the unnecessary things in my life that I need to sift through and courageously recognized that I no longer connect with miseries and angers which comes from poor souls.

I guess we are all insecure to a certain degree and don't want to lose connections with something that you don't have such as social status, wealth, the physical beauty, talent, persuasive eloquence and charisma, etc.

However, the domino effect of the awareness which leads me to a disconnection with poor souls and me becoming happier, healthier and funnier is so tremendous that I can even appreciate things that I could never appreciate before such as eating girl scout cookies and watching a football game that I don't care so much, and I realize that I really care what I am doing with these amazing friends who do not care what I am but care who I am.

I can now gladly lose connections with something I don't have - social status, wealth, talent, charisma, etc, but I realize, in fact, I got all!

My social status - happy blogger
My wealth - T-Bone, my dog
My physical beauty - iron skin and thick skin coming from no strict diet
My talent - cooking and eating with food friend monsters
My charisma - honest eloquence

Oh my!!!! Is this really happening? This is my fifth adopted family and friends that I regularly cook for.....but you know what?  life will be so bored without cooking and eating together with food friend monsters.

いただきま~す!

Hand Roll Sushi







Ingredients:

For Sushi Rice:
3 cup Japanese rice
*1/3 cup rice vinegar
*3 Tbsp sugar
*1tsp salt
(substitute for 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar)


For Fillings:
Cucumber
Avocado
Eggs
Sashimi grade fish of your choice
salmon, tuna, salmon roe
spicy scallop (see the recipe)

1 sheet of Nori (seaweed)
Soy sauce
Wasabi tube
Picked ginger


  • Spicy scallop - chopped bay scallop and mix with Japanese mayonnaise, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ponzu sauce
  • Slice the fish, cucumber, avocado, and other ingredients into the long stick size
  • Cut sheets of seaweed into quarters. Put some Sushi Rice on left third of seaweed, add fillings in the middle of the rice. Roll it into a cone shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment