Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Yes to my life in spite of everything / Sepia tone flavor - stir fried vegetables

Yesterday, I was looking at a person's eyes as I was listening to the person's talk and piercing through its surreal face, self-deception and pathetic soul and realized that I can no longer be mad at such people anymore no matter what they do to me, because I could see their ignorance of their true nature manifesting in their physical presence. 

Just like a yoga instructor in California once said, "we hold negative emotions in our hip such as a fear, guilt and sadness....therefore you can release those emotions by opening muscles around your hips"

As soon as I recognize their physical presence is proportionate to their feelings, I open my spiritual muscles so I can loosen up my reaction to their strong negative emotions.

Never knew that a good human nature - compassion - works that way until I encounter such people. 

For the first time, Dr. Frankl's words, "Yes to my life in spite of everything" become real to me.

I must say "Yes" to such people and embrace them so that I can be untouchable in spite of them trying to destroy my life.

I will continue to say yes to my life......in spite of having too much of a gap between a dream and reality.


*******

Stir fried vegetables

Whenever I need to purify my body and soul from those contaminated realities, I eat stir-fried vegetables with rice, noodle or just by itself and a nostalgia comes back to me...
I forgot how I was an indestructible Japanese teen-age girl who ate lots of stir-fried vegetables which still echoed in me and actually made me who I am today.


Ingredients:
  • 2 Table spoon oil
  • Fresh Ginger & Garlic (finely chopped) or Ginger & Garlic paste
  • chili pepper (small amount...optional...it will enhance the flavor better)
  • sea salt
  • 1/2 Table spoon sesame oil
  • red bell pepper
  • yellow onion (thinly sliced)
  • white cabbage (coarsely cut)
  • mushrooms
  • bean sprouts
  • broccoli (chopped)
  • Any vegetables you like such as green onions, carrots, squash
  • Any meats you like such as pork, chicken, beef

Cooking:

  • In a work or large skillet, heat the oil over high heat
  • Add chili pepper, ginger and garlic
  • Add  vegetables in the order of hard veges to soft - broccoli->red peppers->onions->mushrooms->cabbage
  • Continue to stir fry until the vegetables becomes crisp-tender
  • Sprinkle sea salt
  • Add sesame oil
  • Serve immediately





No comments:

Post a Comment